Organization Support Eligibility Criteria
Wayfair donates to educational institutions and charitable organizations in the communities in which we operate. Wayfair will review support requests to organizations that meet the following eligibility criteria.
- The organization must be an educational institution or have tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) or the U.S. Internal Revenue Service Code, or the equivalent status as per local, provincial, state, or federal laws outside of the U.S.
- Canada-based organizations must be registered with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) or a Canada-based educational institution.
- Non-U.S. and non-Canadian-based organizations must, at a minimum, be nonprofits or educational institutions recognized by laws of their country of formation. Organizations listed on any government sanctions, watch, or exclusions lists will not be considered for any type of support.
- The organization must conduct its operations in communities with a Wayfair presence.
- The organization must align with Wayfair’s Community Support Priorities.
- The organization must follow local, state, province, and national laws/regulations.
- The organization programming should align with these Wayfair core values: Respect others, collaborate effectively, deliver results with agility, innovate and improve, and adapt and grow.
- Organization should be in good financial standing with a majority of the funding going to legitimate and outcome-based programs and services.
- Wayfair’s support does not generally provide assistance to the following types of organizations:
- Organizations that are political in nature, such as political organizations under IRC 527.
- Organizations that are fraternal or a labor union.
- Organizations that are trade- or business-related.
- Organizations may not resubmit a support application for the same program or initiative more than once every 12 months.
Support Review Cycle
Requests for support are reviewed within 30 days of submission. Organizations will receive a response within 90 days. This cycle is subject to change.
Support Nondiscrimination Policy
Wayfair values and respects diversity and is committed to providing an inclusive environment that is welcoming to all and free from discrimination. Therefore, organizations that engage in discrimination in their employment practices and/or provision of services on the basis of categories protected by law and outside of the law such as race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy (including child birth), sexual orientation, political affiliation, union membership or support, caregiver status, and veteran status will be deemed ineligible.
Wayfair has developed a strategic support plan that welcomes the proposals from 501(c)(3) organizations. To ensure that we have the proper information to evaluate and process your request, please follow these guidelines.
- All requests must adhere to our Support Eligibility Criteria and our Support Nondiscrimination Policy.
- All requests must be submitted a minimum of 90 days prior to your event or support request.
- Fill out the Support Request form.
- Requests and materials are only accepted electronically.